Wednesday, November 17, 2010

MAC Photo Realism Quad



Colours included in the quad (top left to bottom right):


  • Photo Realism - Irridescent gold (F)
  • Fresh Approach - Light muted green (VP)
  • Image Maker - Greyed moss green (F)
    Grey Range - Dark forest green
    (VP)
The colours in this quad are beautiful. The gold is a lovely muted/nude irridescent shade that works well for highlighting the brow bone and inner corner of the eye. Grey Range works well as a crease/lashline shade colour. I like Fresh Approach for a brighter look or for the inner corner of the lid, whereas Image Maker is more subtle for daytime looks or for the lid colour.

My colouring means that I have to be careful with greens and blues as it's easy to end up looking like a toddler applied my makeup, but these colours are subtle enough that I can carry them off.




Ratings:
Packaging: 4/5 (I'm not a fan of MAC eyeshadow packaging for those of us who like to de-pot our shadows - I really wish they'd follow Makeup Forever's example and make lift-out pans!)
Product Quality: 5/5
Worth the price? Always.
Would I purchase again? Probably, though because I don't tend to wear greens and blues that often, I doubt I'll need to.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...