Wednesday, November 17, 2010

MAC - Take Wing Eyes: 4



Colours included (top left to bottom right):
  • Restless - Browned grey (S)
  • Take Wing - Deep reddish brown (M)
  • Tickles - Light mauve purple (L)
  • Bravado - Deep red/pink (VP)

I love this palette. Restless
is the most beautiful warm grey with a hint of brown, and because it's satin, it's a dream to blend. Take Wing is a colour I've never seen before or since - it's a rich chocolate brown with red undertones that I love to use instead of liner on my upper lashline. I find it goes on dark but because of the red undertones it is a lovely warm brown that is great for softer daytime looks. Bravado reminds me of Cranberry - it's a beautify plum burgundy colour with a frost finish that compliments hazel and brown eyes nicely. 

The only downfall is Tickles, which is a lustre finish. I've never been a fan of the fallout associated with lustre because I have sensitive eyes and find that if glitter gets into them it is very irritating. Even for a lustre this shadow is particularly dry and chunky and is very difficult to apply even with a primer and Fix+ on the brush. Fortunately the other three colours are so beautiful that they more than make up for this one shortcoming in my opinion!


Swatched over a horizontal line of Smashbox Photo Finish Lid Primer

Ratings:

Packaging: 4/5
Product Quality: 4/5 (due to the Tickles fiasco)
Worth the price? Yep, even with Tickles.
Would I purchase again?
I'd re-purchase for Take Wing alone, but Bravado and Restless are also new favourites!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...