Saturday, November 20, 2010

Urban Decay - Vegan Palette



Eyeshadow colours included (top left to bottom right):

Minx - Light greenish blue with glitter | Urb - Light olive (yellowed green) with glitter | Gunmetal - Dark slivery grey with glitter | Twice Baked - Chocolate brown with sparkles | Smog - Bronze | Half Baked - Gold



24/7 Eyeliner:
Zero - Black




First of all, I have to say that I am very impressed with Urban Decay for addressing the use of animals in the cosmetics industry - not only animal testing, but ingredients derived from animal products. Many people aren't aware that some of their favourite products might contain ingredients derived from animals until they encounter a product like this one that isn't. The message behind the palette ("We don't do animal testing, how could anyone?") is, if I'm honest, the main reason I purchased it. I have most of these colours in other palettes - some of them multiple times over. But this palette represents such an important issue that I wanted to support their message.



If you don't have as many other UD palettes as I do, however, and you don't have these shades, definitely pick it up for the shadows as much as for the idea behind the palette. All of these colours are very wearable and are great for everyone - whether you like dramatic or understated looks.


Ratings:
Packaging: 4/5
Product quality: 4/5
Worth the price? Yes, if you don't have these colours already.
Would I purchase again? No - I have most of these colours in other UD palettes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...