Wednesday, January 5, 2011

LUSH - Fresh Farmacy

  
To view image source, click on image

I started using this when I was 18 and it was the first product I found that really helped to clear up my complexion while protecting my sensitive skin from drying out. It contains lavender which helps to balance sebum production in the skin (it's not like an astringent that removes oil altogether making the skin over-compensate, rather it balances the skin's natural oil production) and the calamine helps to soothe sensitive skin. This means that it's great for oily skin that is sensitive and/or acne prone as it will help reduce the look of any skin irritation.

Even cooler, as with many LUSH bars, you can purchase as much or as little as you want and it doesn't come in bulky, wasteful packaging - great for those of us who are conscious of the impact of overpackaging on the environment! The only down side for this is that because of the calamine, you really have to make sure you use a small amount of this at a time and store the piece you're using somewhere that it can dry out after use. Even better if you can use less water and form a paste with your fingers and apply that to avoid getting the entire bar wet. If you're not careful, it will eventually melt into a sludge if you keep it wet in a dish that can't drain excess moisture! For anyone who is acne prone with sensitive skin, this is worth a shot.

Ratings:
Packaging: 5/5
Product quality: 5/5
Worth the price? Definitely!
Would I purchase again? I don't really use this anymore as my skin has settled down some in my "old" age ;), but I wanted to review it as it worked wonders for me in my youth! I definitely did re-purchase back in the day.

Where to find it: LUSH in store and online

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...