Thursday, January 20, 2011

MAC - Lipstick in Rebel



I picked this up with my Back-2-MAC trade-ins after getting heavy bangs recently that de-emphasize my eyes. I've started trying to compensate with more interesting lip colours like fuchsia pinks, berry shades and brighter reds.

I chose this one because I've found myself picking it up repeatedly the last few times I've been in MAC stores, but not wanting to spend the money on it as it looks quite dark and a bit intimidating! When went in with my empties I finally gave in out of sheer curiosity, and picked it out thinking that I'd probably try it once or twice and end up leaving it for special occasions.

But I brought it home, tried it on, and fell in love. It layers very well so that if you apply just a thin layer it is the most gorgeous berry shade with just a hint of purple/fuscia that makes the colour mesmerizing. It's got a very subtle sheen to it so that it looks lovely and isn't drying like matte shades. It can also be layered as dark as you want if you prefer to go for more dramatic effects. It even fades to a gorgeous pink stain as it wears off, so even if you don't re-apply constantly, it won't end up looking bad.


I cannot believe how great and flattering this colour is, particularly considering how pale my colouring is, but I see myself wearing this a lot in the future! If you've been eyeing it whistfully but talking yourself out of it because it looks so intense, give it a try. It may just surprise you!

Ratings:
Packaging: 5/5
Product quality: 5/5
Worth the price? Definitely!
Would I purchase again? I have, and I imagine I will again.

Cruelty-Free? Yes - appears on PETA's Cruelty-Free list.
Where to find it: MAC in store and online

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...