Saturday, April 30, 2011

BeneFit - Blush in Dallas


 This is a wonderful shade that looks like a lovely, natural outdoor glow. I have pale skin and this doesn't look muddy or dark on me at all. It's not shimmery so it will look unobtrusive, but if you prefer shimmer, a highlighter can be applied sparingly over top with a fan brush to create a glowing effect.


Normally anything with a hint of brown or orange tends to look dirty and/or sickly on my skin, but this one is just muted enough to make it look natural without creating this dreaded effect. I don't know about other skintones, but anyone with pale to medium skin like mine will likely find that this becomes a favourite!

The packaging is super cute if a bit larger than needed. It's a cardboard package though, so be careful not to leave it on the bathroom counter if your counter tends to get wet! As with pretty much everything, I don't use the brush that comes with it, but as long as you've got a favourite blush brush you will be able to create a lovely glow. Highly recommend it!

Ratings:
Packaging: 4/5
Product quality: 5/5
Worth the price? I'd say so.
Would I purchase again? Probably. I have a feeling it'll last awhile though, as I don't tend to wear a lot of blush.

Cruelty-Free? Not sure. They claim not to use animal testing, but, according to PETA, they have repeatedly refused to sign the cruelty-free pledge to appear on PETA's Cruelty-Free list. When asked, they say this is because they can't guarantee that all the ingredients they use haven't been tested on animals at some point in history - but this is a given for nearly all cosmetics companies, so you'd think it would be implied for all the companies on the list. I'm still looking into it.
Where to find it: BeneFit online, Sephora in store and online

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...