Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Burt's Bees - Orange Essence Facial Cleanser


You may have seen my post yesterday bout Burt's Bees Citrus Facial Scrub (click here if you didn't) and how much I love it. I figured this would be along the same lines only without the exfoliating, because let's face it (pun only slightly intended), you can't exfoliate every single time you wash your face. Plus, a girl just needs variety.

Unfortunately I can't rave about this with quite the same enthusiasm as the Citrus Facial Scrub. It smells lovely, yes (though not quite as good, in my opinion) but it just doesn't quite measure up. I'm someone who hates the feeling of anything - particularly anything oily - coating my skin. I've gotten used to moisturizer, because I had to, but when I wash my face I want it to come away feeling refreshed, supple and above all, clean!

Though this did make my skin feel nice and smooth, it left an oily-feeling layer on my skin. Now, for many of you, this might not be a problem. For those with really dry skin, it might even be a plus. Just not for me. Sadly, I think this is one I'll be giving to a friend...

Ratings:
Packaging: 5/5
Product quality: 3.5/5
Worth the price? Not for me. 

Would I purchase again? No, I'm sticking with the Citrus Facial Scrub. **Update 2/6/11 - Until I have more information on whether this company can truly be called "cruelty-free" (see below) I will not be purchasing anything else from Burt's Bees.
Cruelty-Free? Appears on PETA's Cruelty-Free list, but is a subsidiary of Clorox, which appears on their list of companies that do test on animals. I am currently making enquiries as to how they can be on the cruelty-free list while their parent company is known to use animal testing.
Where to find it: Whole Foods. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...