Sunday, May 8, 2011

The Body Shop - Sampler Gift Set


I got this set for just $10 because I wanted to try the Peppermint Foot Lotion. The lotion turned out not to be as good as my all-time fave, Pied de Pepper, but the set was a great deal and it's been fun trying some of the other stuff, too! 

I like the almond hand wash - it definitely keeps my skin feeling soft and supple. I like the scent of almonds - but I do find that this is a little overwhelming and the scent stays on my hands for ages after I wash them. It's a little much. I haven't tried the Coconut Shower Gel yet, but it's next on my list. It smells great in the bottle, though! And of course Cocoa Butter Lotion - well you really can't go wrong there! I've been using various different cocoa butter lotions for years. The only think I really don't like is the White Musk Shower Gel. I've never been a fan of the scent (neither was the guy in I bought it from at the store - I said I probably would give it away and he winked and said "I don't blame you!"). I'm sure I can find someone else who'll like it, though, and for $10 I'm more than happy with the other four!

Ratings:
Packaging: 5/5
Product quality: 4/5
Worth the price? Super good deal.
Would I purchase again? I'll probably get some of these things again in the future, and would definitely re-purchase the set as a gift. **Update 2/6/11 - Until I have more information on whether this company can truly be called "cruelty-free" (see below) I will not be purchasing anything else from The Body Shop.
Cruelty-Free? Appears on PETA's Cruelty-Free list, but is a subsidiary of L’Oréal. I am currently making enquiries as to how they can be on the cruelty-free list while their parent company is known to use animal testing.
Where to find it: The Body Shop in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...