Thursday, April 14, 2011

Burt's Bees - Citrus Facial Scrub



 I recently picked this up at Whole Foods (I'm trying to buy natural products more often) and love it. The consistency and method remind me of a LUSH product, Angels on Bare Skin, which I loved back when I worked there.

The trick with this is to take a small amount (slightly larger than pea-sized) and work it into a paste with a little water. You then massage the paste over your face, rinse, and voila! Just don't try to pre-mix it in the jar as it will get all gooey and will not work properly! Also, because it doesn't contain chemicals, mixing it with water will breed bacteria more quickly and is not hygienic!

I love how smooth and soft this makes my skin without drying it out at all. It also smells like mince pies! Mmmmm.....

 Ratings:
Packaging: 4/5 (the jar is glass and I'm clumsy, so I do worry about dropping it in the tub!)
Product quality: 5/5
Worth the price? Very.
Would I purchase again? I think this will always be in my shower!
**Update 2/6/11 - Until I have more information on whether this company can truly be called "cruelty-free" (see below) I will not be purchasing anything else from Burt's Bees.
Cruelty-Free? Appears on PETA's Cruelty-Free list, but is a subsidiary of Clorox, which appears on their list of companies that do test on animals. I am currently making enquiries as to how they can be on the cruelty-free list while their parent company is known to use animal testing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...