Sunday, May 15, 2011

Juice Beauty - Oil Free Moisturizer


First of all, I love the concepts of this brand. Not only are their products 98% USDA-certified organic, but they are a cruelty-free brand listed on the PETA website - both things that are very important to me when looking at a cosmetics company! It's great to know that not only am I putting something natural on my skin, but I'm avoiding animal cruelty at the same time.

I first tried this, like many of you, as a Sephora sample. I love the scent - light citrus with a hint of something sweet, like vanilla, and not at all synthetic. I have sensitive skin that can be dry in the winter - but I really HATE the feel of thick lotion or lots of makeup on my skin (I tend to use tinted moisturizer instead of foundation!). This goes on smoothly and absorbs without a trace (be careful not to use too much though - or it will feel sticky and not absorb properly!). I have found that it feels good on my skin and leaves it soft and healthy-looking.

I've read a few reviews saying that the juice has left skin feeling tingly or irritated. I have to say, I'm really surprised to hear this. I have very sensitive, pale skin that burns in about two seconds flat and can't handle any strong chemical products without getting pink and irritated - but I haven't even felt a hint of a tingle with this! So it's definitely a product that differs between people.

I certainly think that this is suited more to people with oilier skin or who don't like the feel of heavy moisturizer - and won't work in harsh winter climates. But with summer coming up I've stocked up and definitely see myself sticking with this in the future!


Ratings:
Packaging: 4.5/5 (can be hard to get the last little bit out)
Product quality: 5/5
Worth the price? Yep.
Would I purchase again? Already have! 

Cruelty-Free? Yes - appears on PETA's Cruelty-Free list.
Where to find it: Juice Beauty online, EBeauty online, Sephora in store or online

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...