Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Kiehl's - Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado


I have found using this product to be a singularly odd experience. I have read lots of reviews describing it as "thick" and "creamy" and saying that it takes awhile to sink in, and perhaps I just got a weird batch, but that's not how I'd describe it. In fact, I'm not sure how to describe it at all!

It's almost like when I go to rub it in it separates into two distinct layers, with the bottom layer clinging to my skin where I first applied it and refusing to budge and the top layer becoming watery and viscous, so my finger skids off the bottom layer. This makes it really hard to work into the skin at first! If I keep working it, however, it will eventually spread out a bit, but it really took some getting used to, and I was quite taken aback the first time I tried it!

That said, once I manage to spread it, it absorbs remarkably quickly and does seem to keep my delicate skin moisturized. I've found that if I get it too close to my eyes (any closer than about 5 millimeters) it will cause a bit of irritation and watering. But I have very sensitive eyes, so this may not be the case for most people.

Overall I don't think I'd buy this again, and I definitely wouldn't pay full price (I got mine online from All Cosmetics Wholesale), but I'll use up the tub I have!

**Update - 2/6/2011
I have been doing a lot of research on companies that do and don't test on animals. I was surprised to discover that Kiehl's is actually a subsidiary company of L'Oreal, who appear on PETA's list of companies who DO test on animals. I will not be purchasing anything from Kiehl's in the future, and please bear this information in mind when making your own consumer decisions.


Ratings:
Packaging: 5/5
Product quality: 3/5
Worth the price? Not full price, no.
Would I purchase again? I don't think so. 

Cruelty-Free? No. Kiehl's is a subsidiary of L'Oreal, who appear on PETA's list of companies who DO test on animals 
Where to find it: Kiehl's - in store or online

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...