Wednesday, March 23, 2011

MAC - Makeup Remover Wipes


I started using makeup remover wipes a few years ago after having problems with bits of cotton from even the most quilted cotton pads getting into my eyes. I started out with the Marcelle wipes, which were great, except that they didn't do as good a job of getting eye makeup off cleanly. 

One thing it's important to point out is that these are makeup removing wipes, NOT cleansing wipes! You do still need to wash your face after using these if you want to avoid residue, stickiness and possible break-outs!

Like many other reviewers, I had an issue with the scent of these at first. It's very strong and it lingers on the skin for ages even after washing my face. I've found that I've become accustomed to the scent, though, and now I barely notice it. But I would prefer it if they made a scent-free version!

I have found that these irritate my eyes sometimes, but usually once I've rinsed my face they're fine. Definitely better than using an oil-based formula or cotton pads that leave bits in my eyes! I haven't had any trouble removing makeup (waterproof or otherwise) with these, and actually find them better than most other brands I've tried. I like the cloths as they don't break apart with repeated wiping.

The cloths are huge and I don't need a whole one to clean off my makeup as I don't wear a lot. I cut them in half with clean scissors and this way they last twice as long. At around $30 for 100, a package of these lasts me about four or five months, minimum. Not too pricey after all - in fact cheaper than the drugstore brand I started out with!

Tip: These are best stored upside down. Otherwise the liquid pools in the bottom of the package and the first ones will be a bit too dry while the end of the package will need to be wrung out before use! If stored upside down they retain the same saturation throughout.

Ratings:
Packaging: 4.5/5 (note: the packages are accepted as part of Back-2-MAC at my local stores)
Product quality: 4.5/5
Worth the price? No doubt!

Cruelty-Free? Yes - appears on PETA's Cruelty-Free list.
Would I purchase again? I have, and I will. I  use these every single day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...