Tuesday, March 5, 2013

From the French Pharmacie: Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentré


If you're an avid beauty enthusiast and/or if you are a fan of the Pixiwoo ladies, you will have heard of this cult favourite. A multi-purpose beauty chameleon, this is a staple of many a pro makeup artist's kit (apparently).

As you may be able to tell from the name, this is a French product, widely available at the notorious French Pharmacie. Not as easy to find here in Canada, let me tell ya! But I finally managed to get my hands on some, and I have become addicted. Which will be problematic when I run out, but for now I'm in skincare heaven!

This basic cold cream has very little scent (but what there is is very pleasant), absorbs into the skin quickly, but does an amazing job of long-lasting moisture. It can be used as a day or night cream, spot treatment for dry skin patches and primer under foundation.

I've been using this for about a month now, and I've all but abandoned all the other creams in my bathroom! On a recent trip to Vegas I only took this moisturizer and used this morning and night with Origins Checks and Balances cleanser - and my skin was actually better than usual!

And as an added bonus? It comes in a metal tube. You might think it's weird that I derive pleasure from this, but there's just something so satisfying about squeezing the product out (though you do have to be careful not to squish it when packing for a trip!).

It's not too expensive if you can find a store that sells it - about $25.00 and a little goes a long way. If you are planning a trip to France, make sure to add this to your Pharmacie list!

2 comments:

  1. Hi. I was wondering where you purchased this? Do you know anywhere in Canada that I can buy it, especially online? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Annemarie,

      I'm so sorry for the (very) delayed response! As you can see, I haven't really been working on this blog for awhile. It is difficult to get this in Canada (that's where I live as well). I purchased mine from EBay. There are two sellers who have great selections of French pharmacy products and their products are high quality and genuine. One is Shodon1 (check out her listings here: http://www.ebay.ca/sch/shodon1/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=) the other is cremeofthecrop07 (listings here: http://www.ebay.ca/sch/cremeofthecrop07/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=). The latter has a current listing for this product here: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Embryolisse-Lait-Cream-Concentrate-75ml-Worldwide-shipping-/111223934510?pt=UK_Health_Beauty_Skincare_PP&hash=item19e5768e2e. Hope that helps!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...