Tuesday, March 12, 2013

From the French Pharmacie: Nuxe Rêve de Miel Lips


I suffer from very dry lips. I also suffer (though that may not be exactly the right term) from a life-long obsession with lip balms. So that works out quite well, really.

That said, rarely do I find one that actually helps my lips feel less dry and chapped once it wears off. I find that a lot of them act more as a barrier and make the lips feel better when applied, but if I go a day without using them, my lips are worse than ever.

Nuxe Rêve de Miel Lip Moisture Stick
Enter Nuxe Rêve de Miel Lip Moisture Stick. I discovered Nuxe recently during my obsessive research on French pharmacie cosmetics. The lip balm in the pot got excellent reviews, so I ordered it online - only to discover on my next trip to Shopper's Drug Mart that they carry the brand! I had a few bucks leftover on a gift card, so I treated myself to the stick.

I think I can quite accurately say that I have been applying it 5+ times a day since buying it. It isn't a solid texture like so many stick lip products (Burt's Bees comes to mind) where you have to warm it up before applying or risk uncomfortable tugging on the skin. It applies smoothly and easily, and it soaks in quite quickly leaving just a bit of slippiness behind, so it's very comfortable to wear.

One problem I've had with petroleum-based lip balms is that if I re-apply a few times in the day, I end up feeling like they migrate and my face gets oily. That doesn't happen with this lip balm. I also like that it's not super shiny. And because it is packed with healing honey and nourishing sunflower, it actually seems to help my lips feel healthier.

Nuxe Rêve de Miel Lip Balm (pot)
Once this arrived, I eagerly tore into it, wondering if it would live up to the hype. And boy, does it ever. I can safely say this is the best nourishing, long-lasting lip product I've tried, and I've tried pretty much all of them.

It isn't glossy or slimy at all, so you have to dig into it a bit to get the product out, but once you start applying it it goes on pretty evenly and easily. It instantly makes lips feel hydrated. Because it goes on completely matte you an wear it under lipstick.

And does it ever last. I put it on at bedtime and when I get up in the morning I can still feel it working on my lips. Between this and the matte texture, it would be a great one for guys who suffer from chapped lips, because you don't have to keep re-applying it and no one will be able to see it.

Because scent and flavour are a big part of making a lip product a hit or a miss, I have to say that both of these are winners. They have a very (and I mean very) subtle scent of citrus, and almost no flavour. They don't smell at all synthetic and aren't too sweet or intense.

As much as I love variety in my lip balms, and as curious as I am to try all the different ones out there, I have a feeling I'll always have some of this kicking around, too. Merveilleux.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...