Sunday, March 24, 2013

From the French Pharmacie: Nuxe - Lotion Tonique Douce


I have a confession to make. It's been years since I used a toner. At least two. Probably three. I did in high school when I needed something more astringent to help manage adolescent skin issues, and I did a few years back when I got a free bottle with a couple of Marcelle products. But since then... I just haven't bothered. I think mainly it's because I started using the MAC makeup removing wipes that do an amazing job of taking off all traces of makeup - and I always wash my face as well. So I feel like between the two, everything that needs to be done is done.

I've been feeling quite a bit of dryness this winter - I think partly because it's been colder, and partly because let's face it, I'm not a spring chicken anymore. That in combination with my recent skincare obsession led me to decide to try this one. 


I like that it has a pop-top applicator lid rather than just a screw-top or snap-top like most of  the other toners I've used. This makes it easier to place the cotton pad and up-end for product, and to control how much comes out.

The product itself is lovely. It pretty much just smells like roses, which I like when not too strong. I also feel like rose is quite a soothing ingredient - particularly to pale skin like mine. On Feel Unique (which is where I bought mine) it says of the "star ingredients":

"NUXE Lotion Tonique Douce Gentle Toning Lotion completes make-up removal (Ultra Soft Surfactants from Coconut derivative) without drying out the skin (Hyaluronic acid of natural origin). Skin is smooth (Witch Hazel Water), soothed and softened (Floral Water from Damascena Rose Petals, Allantoin)."

I find that it is soothing, cools the skin instantly, has no residue or stickiness and leaves my skin feeling extra-refreshed. I also feel like it helps add a bit more moisture to be sealed in when I apply my night moisturizer. Definitely what you want. It's alcohol-free, so great for dry and/or sensitive skin.

I definitely recommend adding this to your daily skincare routine!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...