Thursday, April 11, 2013

From the French Pharmacie: Physiogel - A.I. Crème


This cream is intended for sufferers of eczema, psoriasis or any other skin condition that leaves skin itchy, delicate and very, very sensitive. It's hypoallergenic, scent-free and incredibly hydrating and soothing. This appeals to me because even though the sun is making an appearance, it's still chilly out there and my sensitive, overly dry skin needs some TLC.

I originally heard of this in one of Bubzbeauty's videos - and on her blog - where she claimed it works wonders on her irritated skin. She won't use anything else. 

According to the product website, A.I. Crème is for:
  •     itchy, irritated and dry skin, such as in atopic dermatitis
  •     sensitive baby and children's skin
It's also:
  •     hypoallergenic: no fragrance, preservatives, dyes
  •     contains skin-related lipids, rejuvenate the skin barrier
  •     provides the skin with long-lasting moisture
  •     no emulsifiers, no further drying of the skin
  •     itchy, irritated, inflamed skin is soothed

I don't have any specific skin complaints at the moment, so I can't speak to its efficacy in treating severe skin irritations, but I always have sensitive skin and love anything that will soothe and moisturize effectively without being too heavy or perfumed.



I've only used this a couple of times so far, but I really like it. It's quite different in texture to any of the other moisturizers I regularly use. When I apply it to the skin, it glides on effortlessly and almost seems to multiply as I massage it in. I was surprised at how little I needed to cover my entire face in a generous layer, and I love that there's no tugging or pulling during application which is great considering it's a cream for such sensitive skin!

You can definitely tell that it's there, and skin remains tacky for a little while after application, but it's not overly heavy or uncomfortable. It feels a bit like Embryolisse Baume Riche though perhaps a tad more sticky - and, like the Baume, it absorbs fully by morning if used as a night cream. I wouldn't recommend using it in the daytime if you plan to use foundation, because it does take awhile to absorb and I feel like it would make skin look a bit too oily and cause foundation to move around. But if your skin is very irritated and you can't wear makeup anyway, there wouldn't be any harm in putting a light layer on during the day as well.

I'm pretty impressed with it so far, and if you're someone who suffers from any type of skin irritation or discomfort - or even if your skin is just a bit on the sensitive side - I'd definitely recommend trying it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...