Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Sleek Eyeshadow Palette - 594 Original


Some of my most popular posts of all times were the ones I did about Sleek's Pout Paints and Glossed lip glosses. This might just be because you guys love lip colours - but in case it's Sleek you love, I'm going to be posting up reviews of some of their other products. Starting with their uber-popular eyeshadow palettes.

Let's start, predictably enough, with the Original palette (number 594). Coincidentally, I think this was the first Sleek eyeshadow palette I ever bought.

It has a good range of shades for those of you who are looking for a palette that has a few neutrals for every day, but also a few more fun options to play around with.

They're all shimmer finish except for the black one, which I don't think is matte, but definitely not as shimmery as the others. I'm a neutral shadow girl, for the most part, so my favourites are mostly on the bottom row, though that navy is amazing as a liner for a smokey eye!


I swatched these without a primer, since I know a lot of you who are just getting into makeup might not yet have the hang of (or budget for) eye primers. As you can see, the colour payoff is still pretty darn good and the finish is beautiful. These blend very easily and last nearly as well as high-end shadows.

What I like about this particular palette is that it's great value and gives a good range of options for all eye and skin colours without getting too wild and crazy, and you get a decent amount of each shadow. I think it's a great one to give as a present, particularly to a younger makeup fan who's just starting out with their makeup collection.

For drugstore eyeshadow palettes, you can't beat it. Unfortunately you can't find these in drugstores in North America, but you can get them online direct from Sleek for $9.99 - and shipping is only $2.77! Not too shabby for 12 shadows, I tell ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...